Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Modern day moses?

Modern day Moses?

I wonder how it would have been if Moses were as a modern day Pastor in a western church when God summoned him to lead his people to liberty I suspect it might have gone somewhat similar to this.

God: Moses

         Moses

         Moses

 I have spoken to you. I want you to go to Egypt. Tell Pharaoh that I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows. I come down to deliver my people Moses. Tell Pharaoh to let my people go!



Moses:

Yeah, you know God; about that, um I uh discussed the matter with Aaron and the other board members and well you see Pharaoh is a political figure, and the reasons of their taskmasters is a legal thing and well that’s a political issue too. We have a contract with the money changers and the board feels that if I get involved in political issues it may be a violation of that contract and we could lose our tax exempt status. I could lose my job.



God:

TAXES?

Are you going to allow unholy mammon to be a deterrent? Wasn’t the contract a choice, not a mandate. I can give you what taxes you may need in the mouth of the first fish you catch. I can bless you with true riches, my wealth. I can prosper you to overflowing so that with that overflow you can bless others.

You should obey me rather than men Moses.



Moses:

What about our congregation and contributors? They fear. They are afraid of the very taskmasters you speak of and their jails.



God:

They have pledged their allegiance under fear of penalty of retribution. Cast out the fear. Moses my son, “Thou shalt have no other gods before me”? I AM THAT I AM. I am the LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Fear not, certainly I will be with thee. I will never leave you nor forsake you. Behold, I come down to deliver my people Moses and to challenge the gods of this NATION.



Big changes are coming. Support and encourage your spirit filled Pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment